It is unfortunate that many people live in homes that work against them. This is according to the Department of Energy and Water Supply. As a result, they homeowners eventually discover that their homes are unable to cope well with seasonal changes in weather; hence, they experience problems with their Heating, Ventilation and Cooling (HVAC) system. If you have problems with your HVAC system, contact the best Air conditioner repair las vegas for help.
The fact of the matter is that some seasons are either too hot or too cool, and this is one of the reasons why your energy bills are often high, making it expensive to run the homes. That is why this article is about teaching you how to reduce your energy costs especially during the summer.
Since summertime is approaching, it is time to get creative and find ways we can save big on our energy costs at home. With the increase in the number of electronic gadgets, kitchen appliances, entertainment stuff and many equipment that require electricity to run at home, energy consumption is at all-time high. Fortunately, this problem can be reduced by devising ways of saving your energy consumption on your HVAC system at home. The following are some strategies offered by the Energy.Gov to help you save on energy during the summer when the weather is warm and you are trying to bring some coolness into the house.
Air conditioning: air conditioning presents a major energy consumption area for most homes. If you can save your energy consumption on just your air conditioning alone, you sure can save a lot in your energy bills. Did you know that your air conditioning could be accounting for almost half of your total energy costs, either at home or in business? Because of that, it makes sense to put proactive measures in place to increase your energy efficiency of the air conditioner. You can do the following to achieve that:
- Use natural ventilation: instead of relying entirely on your air conditioner for fresh air, natural ventilation should be used because it is a healthy substitute for air conditioner, which won’t cost you anything apart from the efforts of opening the windows at the right time.
- Turn-off the fans: in most cases, people will always forget to turn off the fans and any other gadget connected to the electricity when they leave the room. If you are in the habit of forgetting to do this important thing, you should start practicing that immediately so that it can become your habit.
- Schedule regular maintenance of air conditioning equipment: when you air conditioner is not working according to its potential, chances are you might be losing a lot of money on the equipment due to energy bills. Make sure that the air conditioner is well maintained and it is working optimally.
Lighting and heating: Lighting and heating are also other sources of energy consumption especially during summer because excessive heat and lighting in the house will lead to a lot of usage of the air conditioner. The following should help you save on your energy costs through regulated lighting and heating:
- Appliances such as the ovens and others that emit heat such as stove should be avoid in the house. If possible, use them outside the house. However, sometimes there is nothing you can do if you have to use them. All we are saying is that you should always find an excuse for not using the oven during the summer.
- Use energy saver bulbs: the energy saver bulbs not only saves energy directly by using less energy, they do not heat the house.
- Take short showers, not baths